Thursday, April 2, 2020

Separated

It was announced, just a day ahead,
Before the control order was enforced.
Out of the city to scramble many were made,
Their routine work had come to a sudden pause.

My sons, each stranded alone in his home,
Buying take-away food, delivered to the door.
Down to town they're not allowed to roam,
Yet thankful they're not hungry, destitute, nor poor.

My daughter's family living across the border
In a country, its checkpoints all but closed.
Denying entry to any would-be visitor,
A visit from us they had wanted to host.

I had promised my grandson, that I will be there
to celebrate his fourth birthday together.
I can't but remain hundreds of miles away,
Unable to meet him, nor his baby sister.

Alas, a tiny creature in the air,
A stealthy germ, by the name Corona called.
Almost invincible, spreading everywhere,
Infecting many, killing some, and separating all.

Separated.
2020.04.02 1025 hrs

#Poetry #PoetryByHarolde
#napowrimo #glopowrimo

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...