Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Honest Mirror

Many of us would like to know
what the future has in store
Few among us would wish to go
back to where we've been before

In those bygone days, however,
lie lessons for us to learn.
If we would pause and ponder,
our lives we may discern.


One day I found a mirror,
'twas framed in tarnished brass,
I looked at it, lo and behold!
I saw visions from my past.

Vivid scenes flashed before me
right from my early years,
when I was just a little child
with all my little fears.

My success and my failures,
and all my mischiefs too,
My times of joy and sorrow
like gusts of wind they blew.

Of my mistakes, there were many,
those times I spoke too soon,
Nasty replies, angry words,
Like the villain in a cartoon.

Suddenly, my accomplishments,
they seem no longer great.
My character not quite noble,
my very past I dread.

It was an honest mirror
I looked into that day,
A mirror that showed me plainly
vices I must put away.


Though I've always liked to know
what my future has in store,
Today I learned the way to go
seeing where I've been before.

For in the mirror of bygone days,
lie lessons for us to learn.
If we would pause and ponder,
our lives we may discern.


"The Honest Mirror"
by Harold B Huang
Thu 14Apr22 2150 hrs GMT+8
#poetry #poetrybyharold
#heartfelt #daydreams

Day 14 : "mirror"
#mpwm22day14
#haroldhuang

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...