Thursday, November 8, 2018

Let's play fightin'

Let's play fightin'

(My two and a half year old grandson came up with a new game with toy cars)

"Fight!", says the little boy,
As he knocks his toy car into mine.
With a "thwack" the cars in our hands collide,
Yet none the worse for wear,
both toy and human look fine.



"Help! I'm stuck!", my little grandson pretends,
With his car pushed just over the edge of the arm-chair.
He needs rescue, it seems, from his expectant look,
I have to rush the ambulance over there.


"Deeeem!", I make the magic sound,
As the blue ambulance touches his Mustang GT.
Voilá! The Mustang comes back to life,
And he drives it away along the back of the settee.

Scarcely has he driven off when once again he exclaims,
"Fight!", goes the battle-cry as he charges with black Mustang in hand.
I rise to the challenge with my green Dodge Challenger Hellcat,
"Thwack!", our cars clash over no man's land.


Again and again the battle goes on,
With cries of "Fight!", and "Help!" followed by rescue.
With a "Deeem" the black Mustang will revive,
And come back charging with vengeance,
my green Challenger to subdue.

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...