Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Badly annoyed, somewhat offended

This evening my wife and I had dinner at a popular cafe in a reputable hotel in my town.
At the end of a pleasant and satisfying meal, served by polite and obliging waiters, we were met with a rude and unfriendly cashier when paying the bill. Here is the complaint that I sent to the Hotel after I reached home. Names have been replaced by asterisk to maintain confidentiality.

"I had dinner at ** Cafe earlier this evening and was served by a rude cashier when paying my bill at the Cashier's counter.

When I asked for my bill, she just shoved the bill at me without saying a word, and I had to peruse the bill for the amount to pay.

After I had given her my credit card, she took it and walked away from me, again without saying anything, to the credit machine further down the counter and proceeded to process the card payment.
When it was time for me to key in the PIN, she just placed the credit card reader on the counter just in front of her, while I was still standing some distance away beside the point-of-sale machine. And she walked away without telling me anything.

I had to guess that it was time for me to key in my PIN, so I walked the few steps to the card reader to get it keyed in.

Finally, she printed out the payment slips, put them on the black folder on the counter, put my credit card on top without saying anything. I picked up my card together with the bill and payment slip to conclude with an unpleasant ending to what would otherwise be a comfortable and satisfying dinner.

I am thoroughly annoyed and somewhat offended by this encounter with your discourteous cashier. Please teach her some basic manners.

Her name is G*****A, and my Tax Invoice No. is 11243, printed today at 19:01 pm

Thank you."

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...