Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tonight, tonight is just the night


Tonight tonight is just the night,
I've never seen the moon so bright.
Oh don't you see, Jacqueline,
Our hearts are joined above,
'Cause it's the right time for love.

Hello, please answer me, my dear,
Oh, won't you speak into my ear,
A word of love, Jacqueline,
And melt my heart of stone,
'Cause I'm here, waiting alone.

Chorus:
Jacqueline, Jacqueline my love!
Don't you know? I have loved you so.
Please give to me the thrill of your love!
Make my loneliness go . . .

Jacqueline, lyrics by Harold Huang. 09May2018
************************
As we wait anxiously for the results of our 14th General Elections, I am reminded of this song, "Jacqueline". I'd like to think of Jacqueline as the results we're anxiously waiting for, that we long to see very soon.

The above is my version of  "Jacqueline", an oldie popularised by Rocky Teoh in 1966-67, based on the Chinese classic Ye Lai Xiang.

I have rewritten a major portion of the lyrics to bring in some rhyme and rhythm to the song.


(See link in the comments below for Rocky's original lyrics and video.)


****************************
These are the original lyrics sung by Rocky Teoh in 1967.

JACQUELINE
Tonight, tonight is just the night,
While the moon is shining so bright.
We shouldn't miss such a night,
Like this, my dear Jacqueline,
'Cause it's the right time for love.

Hello, hello, my dear,
I'm trying to call you on the phone
Because I'm all so alone,
Counting the stars above.
Won't you please listen to me?

Chorus:
Jacqueline, Jacqueline my love
Don't you know? I love you most of all
Well surrender now, be mine tonight,
Give the thrill of your love

https://youtu.be/5KHggkJb1KY


A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...