Monday, May 2, 2022

A Straight Path

Write in the Park Day 02:
(an ekphrastic poem)

A straight flat path
a little rough
a little uneven

with most of its original blue worn off
by the wheels of a hundred bicycles
by the steps of a thousand feet
by the dripping of a million raindrops
leaving remnants of blue patches
struggling to survive.

A straight path
bounded on its left and on its right
by straight rows of straight trees
with their slender trunks
covered by lime green moss,

like a guard of honour
standing at attention
saluting my arrival
watching me walk past with indifference.

Walking down the straight path, at Westlake Garden

A straight path
leads me straight ahead
coaxes me on towards the other end

where I will receive
my medal of accomplishment:
of having finished my morning walk.

"A straight path"
by Huang Bing Yao
Mon 02May22 0834 hrs GMT+8
#poetry #poetrybybingyao
#sightandsounds

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...