Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Walk

From home I set out early in the morn
for a long walk, of which I'm very fond.

My feet are shod with shoes of sturdy soles
the firm and solid ground they surely hold.

A hat my head does shield well from the sun,
while on my face a gentle wind does run.

Foliage of green trees tower high above
still higher up the sky the white clouds move.

Each step I take along the endless way,
brings me nearer to the venue for the day.

On and on, my walk becomes hard-fought,
"Oh! A long way to go" is all that fills my thought.

Clouds are scant, skies turn blue and clear,
The day gets brighter, the sun begins to sear.

I trundle on, keeping my spirits high,
knowing well the end will soon be nigh.

At last, I cheer up, I have won the fight,
my destination appears within sight

My strength I summon, my body forward send
with a spring in my steps, I make it to the end.

20191110
#PoetryByHaroldHuang

The Walk

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...