Friday, May 8, 2020

Reminiscence

After more than fifty days under lockdown, my mind seems to be going back in time. Last night I couldn't sleep. As I lay in bed staring at the ceiling, suddenly a wave of recollections hit me.

In a way, it felt like my whole life flashed before me. Well, almost, but not quite.

I was brought back all the way to the years 1967- 69, to vivid memories of sitting on long benches in my primary school hall together with many other students learning new songs from my Headmaster, Mr Wong, during the weekly Chapel Service.

Some of the songs that I recall learning during Chapel service in those days in Primary School were:

(1) Thank you Lord, for saving my soul.
(2) Joy, Joy, Joy, with joy my heart is ringing
(3) Only a boy called David
(4) Jesus loves the little children

Tonight, I'd like to share with my Christian brothers and sisters this song of thanksgiving which has stayed unnoticed at the back of my mind for more than fifty years, until now.

(1) Thank you Lord for saving my soul,
Thank you Lord for making me whole
Thank you Lord for giving to me
Thy great salvation so rich, and free.

Thank you Lord for saving my soul

A Spoonful of Malaysian Magic

An Anthology — A burong descends from Tansang Kenyalang in the midst of a dire catastrophe. A shapeshifter f...